Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Perhaps one reason why NFL players and some media ripped Jay Cutler to shreds for not playing most of the second half of Sunday’s game: he comes across as awfully aloof and doesn’t allow anyone to know him. Maybe even his fellow NFL players.
- Speaking of Cutler, Chargers QB Philip Rivers feels bad for his colleague. But Rivers, who played the 2007 AFC championship game without an ACL, also said trainers would have had to cart him off the field in order for him to leave the game.
- If you’re asking 48-year-old Herschel Walker if he can still play NFL football, the answer is a resounding yes. And he might come back to prove it.
- Jets CB Antonio Cromartie isn’t impressed with the NFLPA or the NFL owners when it comes to the labor dispute.
- Bengals offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski can breathe a sigh of relief. Owner Mike Brown said the team won’t hire Brad Childress.
- You know who’s not impressed with Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger? The Boston Herald’s Gerry Callahan.
- NFL.com’s Albert Breer breaks the story that Bears QB Todd Collins – you might know him better as Caleb Hanie’s warmup act – suffered a shoulder injury Sunday and he might need surgery. Meaning his 16-year career is very much in jeopardy.
- Titans RB Stafon Johnson is suing his alma mater, USC, for negligence. He alleges that the weightlifting accident that crushed his larynx and threatened his NFL career was the result of carelessness by former assistant strength coach Jamie Yancher.
- GQ has named the top-25 coolest athletes of all time. Included are Joe Namath, Jim Brown, Kenny Stabler, Bo Jackson and Tom Brady.
- The Broncos have hired former Saints DB coach Dennis Allen to be their new defensive coordinator. Allen was considered a candidate for the Eagles defensive coordinator position as well.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .